How to Apply
Start of Studies
You can enter the International Media Cultural Work MA program in winter term and summer term.
German degree holders: 1st September
International applicants: 1st June (via Uni-Assist)
German degree holders: 1st February
International applicants: 1st December (via Uni-Assist)
- Special instructions for international applicants can be found here.
- Download Information on the application procedure for international students: here
- An interview with the Master degree’s director Prof. Breitsameter is available here
A diploma or bachelor degree within the fields of digital media, media culture, or media pedagogy. Applicants with a degree in e.g. media design, media informatics and technology, media management, journalism, or related fields (e.g. cultural management, social pedagogy, social work, design, art history, musicology) will be screened for eligibility, as will those applicants with a grade point average below 1.9 (or German standard equivalent).
The eligibility assessment includes the final grade point average of the bachelor’s degree or diploma, practical experience, and a letter of motivation. A good command of English is also required.
If the bachelor’s degree has earned 180 ECTS (or equivalent), an industrial placement must be completed during the study.
The following documents are to be submitted with the application:
- The certificate of graduation from the previous course of study or alternatively a temporary certificate and, for degrees not awarded by Hochschule Darmstadt, also the diploma supplement or a comparable record of the program content;
- A complete CV in table form and in English;
- A personal statement in English, which substantiates the personal interest in this master’s program (max. 1800 char. incl. spaces);
- A brief exposé about a project in the announced field of research and development (max. 1800 char. incl. spaces) in English (you find more details about that in the FAQs; and
- If available, record of practical experience (employers’ references, recommendation letters, awards, and prizes).
The documents pertaining to items 1. to 5. must be submitted completely. If they have not been submitted by the application deadline, the application will not be considered for admission.