Master’s degree program International Media Cultural Work (IMC)
Winter Term 2020/2021
Dear newcomers and students,
We are welcoming you for a new semester International Media Cultural Work.
As most of you might have heard the coming semester will be a „hybrid“ semester. It will consist of virtual classes and classes on campus.
Unfortunately due to the current situation our onboarding will take place online on the video conference platform „zoom“.
Tuesday, 3rd / 11:30 – 16:30 / online: https://h-da-de.zoom.us/j/97630671641
General introduction to our study program, h_da infrastructure etc.
Tuesday, 3rd November, 16:45 / online: https://h-da-de.zoom.us/j/91300190941
We are very looking forward meeting you! Stay healthy!
The lecturers of IMC
Excellence of Teaching Award for IMC lecturers!
Our teaching team around Prof. Sabine Breitsameter (head of IMC) together with our lecturer Klaus Schüller and adjunct lecturer Aleksandar Vejnovic were awarded a prize for excellence of teaching by our university’s Vice President. We feel very honored about this official appreciation, and will never stop striving towards improvement and excellence! Find the full press release here (in German).
Check our Facebook page regularly for frequent updates, and get in touch with our students, if you want to know more about joining the Master’s program International Media Cultural Work IMC.
“Any understanding of social and cultural change is impossible without a knowledge of the way media work as environments.“
Herbert Marshall McLuhan
Are you interested in digital culture, art and technology? Do you want to become an innovative leader in this field?
Do you want to make audiences and individuals understand digital media, grasp it, touch it, critically as well as creatively? Do you want to work in a professional field which merges aesthetics, cultural concepts, media technological methods, pedagogical considerations, and managerial steering strategies? If yes, our Master’s degree program International Media Cultural Work might be for you!
The collaborative spirit in our international team is characterized by diversity and tolerance.
The Master´s program International Media Cultural Work (IMC) addresses to
• Media makers – because they can expand their knowhow and abilities of expression by latest technologies e.g. Fulldome Cinema, VR- and 3D-Audio and other immersive media.
• Media artists and curators – because IMC gets them in touch with new perspectives and latest concepts by which they can deepen their curatorial, artistic and pedagogical approaches, and this will empower them to lead future discourses and practices.
• Journalists – because they’ll experience how imaginatively, unconventionally and creatively they can work in the field of media cultural facilitation and an expanded field of journalism.
• Technology enthusiasts – because they’ll get in touch with the innovative spectrum of latest technologies enabling them to to present digital content in new, stunning ways and facilitating it to the general public.
• Management experts – because this program conveys advanced knowledge and methods of strategies, organization, self organization, finances, negotiation and leadership skills in and with media.
• Networkers – because International Media Cultural Work brings students from all over the world together and enables them to build up directly their individual international networks and intercultural competences.
• Researchers– because they can build up, develop and foster their research interests and abilities, under the qualified supervision of experienced and reknown supervisors in scientific, scholarly as well as in artistic research.
If you want to work successfully in digital media, knowledge and knowhow of the framework is a huge professional bonus. Being aware and being able to steer how media productions and digital culture can be facilitated to society, will ensure the sustained acceptance of high quality production. Based on this, you can develop audiences, foster them, and solidly build up your career and leadership prospects.
For comprehensive info, download our flyer.
For clarifying first questions and how to submit your application: contact our Student Service Center SSC.
Special instructions for international applicants can be found here.
An interview with the Master degree’s director Prof. Breitsameter is available here.